Nature Inspired Hand Embroidery
At Sew Forest of dean, the Natural World is a constant and vibrant source of inspiration for our embroidery and quilting designs and this one day workshop will show you how to interpret the things we see around us into stitch.
Using the garden, books and magazines as our source, we will choose a subject matter that interests you (flowers, leaves, landscapes, birds etc.) and consider the colours and stitches that will represent this source in your stitching. This is a simple and slow process, where just a handful of basic stitches can bring an idea to life. No previous hand embroidery experience is necessary as full tuition will be provided on the day.
Share this on:
If you have already mastered the basics of a few stitches then this workshop will enable you to develop your own ideas and designs with confidence.
The workshop will include the following:
- Choosing your subject matter to stitch
- Selecting appropriate colour and thicknesses of thread
- Selecting your fabric to work on
- Choosing your stitches and techniques to bring the image to life
- Demonstration and tuition in a range of hand embroidery stitches
- Working with an embroidery hoop
We will design and stitch a needle case with your chosen image. All fabric, threads and requirements for the day are included and you will make good progress on a project to be completed at home. The workshop will run from 10:00 to 4:00.