Introduction to Free Machine Embroidery
This fun 1 day workshop will really get you started with your free machine embroidery, with great results from the start! You will take home a completed needle case plus a host of new skills including:
- Achieving the correct tension
- Planning your machine stitching
- Appliqué techniques
- Using your sewing machine as a pencil (outline drawing and much more!)
- Needles, threads, inferfacings etc – all the technical jargon explained
- Creating your own unique textiles
- Working with water soluble fabric
You will need a darning foot for your sewing machine and the ability to either lower the feed dogs or cover them with a darning plate (supplied with your machine). If you’re not sure about your machine, please contact me and I’ll advise which method works for your machine.
If you’re not able to make any of the above dates, or the workshop is sold out, please click on the following link and complete the form to register your interest. Don’t forget to include the name of the workshop you’re interested in.
Share this on: