Fundamentals of Dressmaking
A fun, 1 day workshop that is designed for those who are keen to make their own garments but lack knowledge and confidence. During the day in addition to learning about patterns and markings, you will make samples in the following techniques to build your portfolio of skills:
- Different seam finishes including French seams
- Side, front and back darts
- Stay stitching, edge stitching and top stitching (and when to use them!)
- Inserting zips and invisible zips
- Making buttonholes and sewing on buttons
- Turning blind hems for a professional finish
Plus a host of hints and tips throughout the day.
If you’re not able to make any of the above dates, or the workshop is sold out, please click on the following link and complete the form to register your interest. Don’t forget to include the name of the workshop you’re interested in.
Share this on: